Controller's mission statement
Controller's mission statement according to the International Group of Controlling (IGC)
Controllers design and accompany the management process of defining goals, planning and controlling and thus have a joint responsibility with management to reach their objectives.This means that:
- Controllers ensure the transparency of business results, finance, processes and strategy and thus contribute to higher economic effectiveness.
- Controllers co-ordinate secondary goals and the related plans in a holistic way and organise a reporting-system which is future-oriented and covers the enterprise as a whole.
- Controllers moderate and design the controlling process of defining goals, planning and management control so that every decision maker can act in accordance with agreed objectives.
- Controllers provide necessary company management data and information.
- Controllers develop and maintain controlling systems
(Wording of the Controller Mission Statement according to the Managing Committee of the IGC. Revised version, Parma 14 September 2002)